The phrase “digital nomad” has risen in popularity in recent years. For those who are unfamiliar with the phrase, a digital nomad is someone who works online and remotely without being tied to a certain location. These are primarily self-employed professionals and freelancers who can backpack throughout the world and set up shop in any location; all that is required is proper connectivity and good Wi-Fi to be linked to the rest of the world! As a result, many nations have created a unique visa known as the Digital work visa for such individuals to get temporary long-term residence in the destination while working remotely. Dubai has also launched one! It is the first-of-its-kind visa to be launched in the Middle East and here’s a gist about this special Dubai visa!
Dubai Digital Nomad Visa – Overview
Dubai is a city that welcomes individuals from all over the world to come, live, and work there. In fact, it is the most expat-friendly destination because the population has a higher ration of expats than locals! Because expats love Dubai so much, the UAE government has created the Dubai Digital Nomad Visa in 2021 under the ‘Work Remotely from Dubai’ programme. This visa is specially designed for freelancers and talented self-employed professionals to enjoy Dubai’s gorgeous scenery while also taking advantage of its high-tech facilities for their work, tax-free benefits and not having to worry about taking a break from their ongoing work while visiting Dubai or even delay their holiday plans. In a nutshell, a Dubai Nomad visa permits you to visit the emirate and work legally for your original employment or business without any hassles for a year. It’s similar to having a long-term tourist visa, but without the restriction of compromising on your present job. The visa can be renewed after one year.
Benefits of acquiring a Digital Nomad visa in Dubai.
- Visa holders are granted permission to stay in Dubai for a year. With this visa, they can carry on as usual with their current job projects although working remotely. They can continue working for their home country or on any freelance project of any other country while in Dubai. A Digital Nomad visa holder in Dubai can live like an ex-pat, but without the strain of working for the emirate or finding work there.
- Enjoy Dubai’s high-end splendours: Dubai is a popular destination for international travellers, and one can enjoy a work environment with cutting-edge technology and convenience. If you do not wish to work from your apartment, there are numerous co-working spaces available.
- One can also visit the landmarks, enjoy dining at amazing array of hotels and live amid an energetic vibe.
- Get the same privileges as other resident visa holders in Dubai, such as acquiring a resident ID, tax exemptions, access to local bank accounts, to name a few. Visa holders can also bring their spouses and families to stay with them and enrol their children in Dubai schools.
- Enjoy living in one of the world’s wealthiest, most dramatic, futuristic, and safe cities!
Dubai Digital Nomad visa eligibility and additional details
- Anyone who is eligible to apply for a Dubai tourist visa may also apply for a digital nomad visa. Freelance professionals, self-employed entrepreneurs, and those with work contracts outside of Dubai can apply for a Digital Nomad Dubai visa. An applicant for this Dubai visa must already have a job position secured outside of Dubai. In short, the applicant cannot come to Dubai and then search for work, nor can he or she work for a Dubai firm.
- A Digital Nomad Dubai visa offers temporary residence in the city for a year. After one year, the visa has to be renewed in case the visa holder wants to continue residing and working remotely from Dubai.
If you are interested in applying for this Dubai visa, you must furnish the following documents:
- Proof of employment and a valid contract with your current employer for at least one year.
- Proof of business ownership if you are an entrepreneur or have a start-up.
- A monthly income of USD 5000 supported by salary slips and bank statements to demonstrate your financial stability.
- Evidence of accommodation while in Dubai.
- Health Insurance.
How to apply?
Now that you know about the perks of getting this visa, the next question that arises would be ‘ How to apply for a Dubai Digital Nomad visa’? The Dubai Nomad Visa requirements and procedure is similar to applying a normal Dubai visa; here’s how to apply for this visa.
- Firstly, check your passport! You should have a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on your passport after your arrival in Dubai.
- Gather all the necessary documents that support your visa application.
- Go to the official visa website and fill up the online Dubai visa form and submit it with the visa fee along with the documentation. Make sure you fill out the application completely and without any errors.
- Wait for your visa approval.
The visa price is roughly USD 287 per person. If you do not want to deal with the stress of applying for a visa on your own, get assistance from a competent Dubai visa service provider or agency that can effortlessly apply for your Dubai Digital Nomad visa.
There you have it! You can enjoy exciting experiences in Dubai with a Dubai Digital Nomad visa without compromising your existing career! If you are eligible for this visa and want to work remotely from Dubai, we definitely suggest you apply! Without a doubt, this is an opportunity not to be missed!